Shared mailboxes can be a great tool to help run your business more efficiently.
If you’re reading this wondering what a shared mailbox actually is, you’re not alone – many people don’t know shared mailboxes exist, or about the benefits of using them.
We’ve rounded up some reasons why we think using shared mailboxes might be worth your while.
- Create a centralised mailbox
- Prevent the same email being distributed to multiple recipients
- Create a shared calendar
- Make it easy for colleagues to collaborate
- Allow easy allocation of mail between departments
- Don’t cost a license
- Promote professionalism, as they allow you to use a company department addresses rather than an individual’s email
If you’d like to create a shared mailbox, we recommend using Office 365 to do so. Google Workspace (formerly GSuite) has a similar concept called Groups but doesn’t quite have the same functionality.